Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f446re FLASH_TYPEPROGRAM_DOUBLEWORD doesn't work

David Lichterov
Associate II
Posted on November 27, 2017 at 16:07

Hello, 

I am using the FLASH_EraseProgram  example to write/read from the flash memory.

When I am trying to write the flash with double words(64 bits) and then read the values, the values doesn't save in the flash. I don't get any errors.

If I am doing the same thing with a word(32 bits - FLASH_TYPEPROGRAM_WORD) it works.

What am i doing wrong ? What could be the problem ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben K
Senior III
Posted on January 08, 2018 at 10:40

I suggest reading the Reference Manual and Datasheet of the devices. I'm not going to do it for you, but I do remember that on F4 line the maximum achievable flash programming size is limited by the supply voltage, e.g. under 2.7V you can only program one byte at a time. At 3.3V supply you can program a word at a time, but for double word programming you need a 9V dedicated supply for the flash interface.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Henry Brasil
Associate II
Posted on January 05, 2018 at 14:44

same problem on the stm32f427igt6 with the lastest stm32f4 1.18 library 

Ben K
Senior III
Posted on January 08, 2018 at 10:40

I suggest reading the Reference Manual and Datasheet of the devices. I'm not going to do it for you, but I do remember that on F4 line the maximum achievable flash programming size is limited by the supply voltage, e.g. under 2.7V you can only program one byte at a time. At 3.3V supply you can program a word at a time, but for double word programming you need a 9V dedicated supply for the flash interface.

Henry Brasil
Associate II
Posted on January 08, 2018 at 15:04

Thanks Sir, it was the problem