Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sensor tile & BlueNRG

Jan Burkhardt
Associate II
Posted on September 01, 2017 at 11:39

Hey Folks, 

i'm currently starting with developing applications for the SensorTile. I try to achieve so advertise a custom BLE Packet (like an AltBeacon Protocol). I found the hci_le.c header in de Middleware. It seams that i can use the 'hci_set_set_advertising_parameters' and 'hci_le_set_advertising_data' functions for modifieng the ADV Packet.

But there is no documentation what the function parameters mean! 

Is there any documentation ore experience available?? 

Thanks 

Jan B.

#sensortile #bluenrg
3 REPLIES 3
Antonio Vilei
Senior III
Posted on September 04, 2017 at 11:49

Dear Jan,

as a starting point, you could take a look at the Eddystone Beacon example project included in the

http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-software/x-cube-ble1.html

software package. For more information about it, please refer to the 

http://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/application_note/group0/2b/c9/2e/82/a4/a4/46/8e/DM00350401/files/DM00350401.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00350401.pdf

Application Note, 'Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons with Eddystone'.

After you download the software, you can find the beacon project in the following directory:

STM32CubeExpansion_BLE1_V3.0.0\Projects\Multi\Applications\Beacon

NOTE: the X-CUBE_BLE1 package does not support the SensorTile board out of the box. X-CUBE-BLE1 is meant to be used with an STM32 Nucleo and an X-NUCLEO-IDB05A1 expansion board for BLE (based on the BlueNRG-MS chip). Anyway, if you already have some BLE example code running on the SensorTile, implementing the beacon on your board should be straightforward.

Hope that helps,

Antonio

Posted on September 13, 2017 at 14:40

Hey Antonio,

thanks for the fast reply. 

Actually just the BLE_SampleApp ist running at the moment. I integrated the Eddystone functions into the existing code, but it doesn't work. I have no clue what i'm doing wrong! 

Do you have some more informations, what i have to do, to run the Eddystone protocol on the Sensor Tile?

thanks a lot 

Jan B.

Posted on September 14, 2017 at 15:27

Hey,

it works! Stupid mistake on my side. hm....

:(