cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultra low power consumption with STM8L151K4T6 + RFM90W.

SunnyKatiyar09
Associate II

Hi I am starting a project for ultra low power consumption with STM8L151K4T6 + RFM90W, but not getting lora library for RFM90W.

Please help me with library and sample tx and rx code.

It will be very helpful, please suggest.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @SunnyKatiyar09, to the community!

Have you ever used your favourite search engine to search for "STM32 RFM90W", for example?

I can immediately find a GitHub repository stm32-hal-rfm95 that you could start with. But remember that if you have any questions, you'll only get support there.

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Oops, I only realised afterwards that it wasn't about STM32, but STM8, sorry. But I don't hold out much hope that someone has done something there.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

That would seem like someone else's project..

I think CDEBYTE had some STM8 example for their Semtech designs.

Not sure there's anything magic for the RFM90W you couldn't port from other SX126x libraries or examples

https://www.hoperf.com/modules/lora/RFM90CW.html

They have some STM32F103 based code, perhaps start reviewing that, and how it might port.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi,

The purpose to STM8L151K4T6 + RFM90W is,

it required very low power to operate (1.8V) and this will very helpful for our project.

Current I have solutions for power supply, and now enhancing our project that work with battery supply for long life.

If any better solution for this please suggest.

MM..1
Chief II

Maybe show your idea, because module with RX 8mA and TX 100mA is ultra low power as ...

Hi, Thank you for your reply,

I am working on Wireless Water Level Controller/Monitor (Using atmega328 and lora ra-01),

Now I am using power supply to Tx, but want to switch to battery for long life.

I have purchased STM8L151K4T6 and rfm90 (Both are working on low power as per datasheet)

1. question here : Is it possible to communicate between Rx(Atmega328+Lora ra-01) with Tx(STM8L151K4T6+Lora ra-01)?

2. Will it help to save battery power ? (with interrupt and deep sleep)

If yes then please provide some solutions from Tx side (lora library with sample).

If No, Please suggest.

Thank you so much.