cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STVD setup

vasantpailwan
Associate

I changed my laptop system from "Windows 7" to "Windows 10" and reinstalled "STVD", "STVP", "COSMIC Software". When I try to set the toolset in the "STVD" window for "STM8 Cosmic", the root path "C:\Program Files (x86)\COSMIC\FSE_Compilers\CXSTM8" and the corresponding changes in the following lines are automatically included. But while accepting "OK" error message is displayed as "Warning: Toolset rootpaths have not been specified for at least one of the supported toolset. Confirm that the root path for the toolset that you are using has been specified."
How to confirm the root path? What is the solution?

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

STVD is software that was developed for very old Windows versions. Please install STVD in a path without spaces and only with ASCII characters, preferably in a short path such as C:\ST

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Philipp Krause
Senior II

In the long term, IMO, using FOSS is the only viable option for the STM8. The FOSS tools for the STM8 were designed to be portable (so an OS change like the one you did is much less likely to affect them), and are actively maintained (unlike the non-free alternatives that haven't seen any update for many years).

You might want to check if SDCC and stm8flash are a viable alternative to your current setup for you. Depending on your exact use case, some other FOSS tools could also be helpful.