cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Visual Develop IDE command line compile

SteZel123
Associate

Dear ST-Team, 

I am working on a STM8 MCU with the STVD. 
I want to compile my project in the Microsoft cmd line with a pipeline such as . cmd.exe /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvd\stvdebug.exe" 

I haven't found any information in the Documentation. Furthermore, there are no help options such as -h, --h, -help and --help  in this program. 

STVD.PNG

  
Are there some documents I can use to write the correct commands to compile the code with the STVD successfully?

Many thanks in advance

Best Regards 
Stefan

3 REPLIES 3
AA1
Senior III

STVD doesn't include the compiler. Read this: Developing and debugging your STM8S-DISCOVERY application code. The recommended compiler is from COSMIC.

Thanks for your quick response. 

I am using the Cosmic compiler already.  
I want to use the CMD line. Is there a Possibillity that I can use the CMD with a pipeline for compiling. 
I have found another documentation from an other manufacturer: Create and Build Projects Using Command Line (ti.com)
Is this also with STDV possible? e.g.: cmd.exe /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\st_toolset\stvd\stvdebug.exe  <workspace>  <file location>  <build Parameters>"

I don't know if you can compile from command line using STVD. Probably no. But you can ignore STVD and use the compiler and the linker directly. See Cosmic manual.