cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB->FTDI->UART->STM32G70 For this structure, can the CubeProgrammer support it?

KFang.1
Associate II

I’m using a FTDI chip (FT230XQ) connects to PC through USB.

The FTDI connects the STM32G70 with the UART, REST and BMODE pin.

Would the CubeProgrammer supports this architecture?

Is there an example hardware connectivity diagram?

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Are you wanting to use REST and BMODE to put the chip into bootloader mode and use the UART to program it?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Yes. That’s exactly I planned to do.
TDK
Guru

That should be supported by STM32CubeProgrammer once it's in bootloader mode. But you'll need to get it into the mode first. Presumably FTDI lets you toggle those other pins.

The UART pins that are available for the bootloader are listed in AN2606: STM32 microcontroller system memory boot mode.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Hi there,
1. I’m planning to have the BootMode pin and Reset Pin toggle manually (with push buttons) to set the device in bootloader mode.
Btw, another ST micro (ST32MF4) I used before is by asserting the BootMode pin while toggling the reset pin to have the device in bootloader mode, is this STMG070 works the same?
1. When I’m using the CubeProgrammer to connect on a NUCLEO-G070RB reference board, an error message “KO. Please, verify the boot mode configuration and check the serial port configuration…�? The connection i/f I choose is “UART�?, with Baudrate is 115200. What am I missing here?
Thank you very much for your support