cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L031F6P7 Full chip erase not erasing data from EEPROM

Swapnil1
Associate II

Hallo,

I am using STM32 CubeProgrammer and performed the "Full chip erase". after the Full chip erase some garbage value appears at EEPROM address (0x0808 0000 & 0x0808 0010)

I have attached the image.

Regards,

Swapnil

4 REPLIES 4
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @Swapnil​ ,

Thank you for your feedback,

Can you share the exact reference of the device you're using so that we can reproduce the issue.

Best regards,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Swapnil1
Associate II

Hello Aziz,

I am using ST-LINK/V2 debugger to program STM32L031F6P7 MCU.

I did "Full chip erase" using STM32 CubeProgrammer after erase some garbage value appears at EEPROM address (0x0808 0000 & 0x0808 0010).

Best regards,

Swapnil

janvi2
Associate II

Hello Aziz, the problem seems to be related to the 4 byte Eeprom pages using ST-Link-V2 and Cube. Program code in flash is always fine.

1) If we use Seggers Ozone + Jlink to load the same ELF, everything is fine

2) If we force to program Eeprom with initialized data from linker by ELF,

Segger is also fine but Cube reports write error for download

Normally our application does not have initialized data segment in eeprom but it expects either 0 or valid data in Eeprom to start correct. Invalid eeprom shows wrong functions as long as the application wrote first time to eeprom itself. This happens many times after application update using ST-link V2 and thats how we found the matter. Maybe we can reproduce with our STM32 Nucleo what contains a very similar STM32L011. I am sure, the reason is not the chip as everything is fine with Segger Tools.

Specific part was clearly and correctly stated in the original posting..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..