cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G030 Missing option byte NRST_MODE with STM32CubeProgrammer CLI

HPuij.1
Associate

I am trying to modify the NRST_MODE option byte for a STM32G030 MCU.

I have changed the reset pin to GPIO using the GUI, but that is not very usefull for a production environment.

The option byte in not available from the CLI. -> Please make it available (very usefull for production programming)

On the GUI the option is hidden away in the Registers - BETA page -> FLASH

0693W00000Y7r0mQAB.pngPlease make it available on the option bytes page for the STM32G030

For the STM32G031 it is there in the Option Bytes -> please make it also available for the STM32G030. Also the CLI has the NRST_MODE as an option byte0693W00000Y7r0OQAR.pngBeste regards, Hans.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gbm
Lead III

AFAIK, G030 *officially* does not support turning off the NRST function - check the Reference Manual. Unofficialy, it's the same as G031. I have no idea why ST decided to "grey out" this functionality from G030, I suspect someone decided to "undocument" some features of G030 to make it appear to be different from G031 . The NRST in G030 may be turned off by the old good ST-Link utility, at least until ST decides to update (=spoil) it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gbm
Lead III

AFAIK, G030 *officially* does not support turning off the NRST function - check the Reference Manual. Unofficialy, it's the same as G031. I have no idea why ST decided to "grey out" this functionality from G030, I suspect someone decided to "undocument" some features of G030 to make it appear to be different from G031 . The NRST in G030 may be turned off by the old good ST-Link utility, at least until ST decides to update (=spoil) it.

CTapp.1
Associate III

These options are missing for me using for the STM32G031.