Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32F103R8 chip programming problem

TOPGUN
Associate II

0693W00000JMSwIQAX.jpg0693W00000JMSwbQAH.jpgHi

It's just that something strange happened to me

If I use RKit-ARM 1.68.18.0108 I get the following CheckSum "D9D0460"

But if I upgrade RKit-ARM to 1.72.19.0253, there will be a version error problem

But 1.72.19.0253 is to fix the problem of CheckSum display, so I have this dilemma now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The checksum used there with only 32 bits is probably just a simple summation of the contents of the Flash area. Such checksums were still used in earlier EPROMs of the last century because their storage capacity was small enough to detect possible bit errors.

Because of this procedure, the significantly larger flash area of the STM32 and the small data width of the checksum, the sense is rather questionable, especially since the STM32CubeProgrammer also offers a bit-by-bit comparison of the programmed area after programming.

As @TDK​  has already indicated, the use of the STM32CubeProgrammer would be strongly recommended.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

Can STM32CubeProgrammer connect and work correctly? If so, likely a bug in the software you're using.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TOPGUN
Associate II

STM32CubeProgrammer cannot read Cheaksum,so our engineer donot like use,but if we use RLink Programming tool to test be ok

So Sad,What can i do? 

The checksum used there with only 32 bits is probably just a simple summation of the contents of the Flash area. Such checksums were still used in earlier EPROMs of the last century because their storage capacity was small enough to detect possible bit errors.

Because of this procedure, the significantly larger flash area of the STM32 and the small data width of the checksum, the sense is rather questionable, especially since the STM32CubeProgrammer also offers a bit-by-bit comparison of the programmed area after programming.

As @TDK​  has already indicated, the use of the STM32CubeProgrammer would be strongly recommended.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TOPGUN
Associate II

ok, thanks for your suggestion

I will discuss with my supervisor

You also do not need to use STM32CubeProgrammer permanently , but checking it would help to narrow down the problem to a connection issue or a software issue.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".