cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer v2.6.0 not supporting STLINKV3-MINIE

acsatue
Associate II

I am using STM32CubeProgrammer v2.6.0 with STLINKV3-SET and STLINKV2 without any trouble.

I have recently bought some STLINKV3-MINIE debug/programming probes but STM32CubeProgrammer does consider it "too recent" and I can not use them. I can not program with it, neither to update it.

acsatue_0-1706123880469.png

I just need to program a binary file. No debug. No SWO. Just SWDIO/SWCLK.

Windows does detect it, and I can program with it using Simulink Embedded Coder Support Package, but I can not use it with STM32CubeProgrammer.

Any tip for the easiest way to keep CubeProgrammer v2.6.0 (I need it for other toolchain) while being able to program (fast) a binary using STLINKV3-MINIE?

I am deepening in a MSYS2 OpenOCD toolchain / VSC for STM32 for programing .elf/.bin files, but I should deepen about .cfg and .svd files for my microcontroller (STM32G474).

I was also considering using IAR or Keil MDK, but I think it is to use a hammer to crack a nut, as I only want to program a binary file.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
acsatue
Associate II

Ok, I can answer myself.

1) I can have multiple versions of STM32CubeProgrammer installed in same laptop, so I can have 2.6.0 for Simulink support package and 2.15.0 for fast programming .bin files using newer debug probes like STLINKV3-MINIE.

2) If you change the STLINK firmware type to "Debug+Mass Storage+VCP" (using 2.15.0) it becomes usable by STM32CubeProg 2.6.0.

acsatue_0-1706131923597.png

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
acsatue
Associate II

Ok, I can answer myself.

1) I can have multiple versions of STM32CubeProgrammer installed in same laptop, so I can have 2.6.0 for Simulink support package and 2.15.0 for fast programming .bin files using newer debug probes like STLINKV3-MINIE.

2) If you change the STLINK firmware type to "Debug+Mass Storage+VCP" (using 2.15.0) it becomes usable by STM32CubeProg 2.6.0.

acsatue_0-1706131923597.png

Hope it helps!