cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer doesn't complete setup, why?

ASALM.1
Associate

3 REPLIES 3
Petr DAVID
ST Employee

Hello Asalm.1,

do I understand it correctly you have problem with installation of the STM32CubeProgrammer? Is there any error message? Could you please share it with us? Please also add information what kind of OS are you using. Some installation tips could be found in the user manual UM2237 . One of the common problems are for installation on MacOS, where usually helps the following tip in the usermanual:

If the installation fails, launch it in CLI mode using the command ./SetupSTM32CubeProgrammerx.y.z.app/Contents/MacOs/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-x_y_z_macos.

More tips could be found in the mentioned manual. Let me know if it helps or in case you maybe have some different problem.

ASALM.1
Associate

Hello Petr,

Thank you your quick reply. There is no any fail but, installitaion not complate. My computer is windows10 x64bit. My other question is how can i update software via canbus. In attached my screen photo.

Petr DAVID
ST Employee

First I have bit obvious question, but it is always important to ask so I could be sure. I would like to ask you if you have downloaded the newest version of the software and if you have the correct version, because there are available two versions for windows. One for 32 bit and other for the 64bit versions. Further you should also make sure you extract the zip file first and that you have the admin rights.

About your second question you will need STLink V3 probe that can serve as bridge between USB and CAN. There is example how to program via CAN with command line interface of the STM32CubeProgrammer in the user manual UM2237. If you will have more questions regarding using the CAN, please create a new questions for it. It is better for orientation in the forum and in case other users will have the same questions it is easier to find answer.

If your problems with the installation will persist let me know.