cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.16.0 DFU Bootloader Error

i124q
Associate II

I am using CubeProgrammer_API to implement a firmware update on my app. I am encountering an error where it cannot connect to the DFU bootloader. The device is visible in device manager and it is properly connected.

int usbConnectFlag = connectDfuBootloader(dfuList[0].usbIndex);

This line is causing me issues as it is not printing any values. Any code below this line would not run. I am not sure what is the issue.
2 REPLIES 2
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @i124q,

First of all are you able to connect via CubeProgrammer GUI ? And could you please specify the device you're using ? If you're using a custom DFU application (Not STM32 bootloader), could you please attach the binary ?

Thanks in advance,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
urban17
Associate II

I have a similar error with the STM32CubeProgrammer Application.

If I install the STM32CubeProgrammer version 2.15, the download to my DFU bootloader works without any problems.
If I install the STM32CubeProgrammer version 2.16, the running bootloader is recognized. If you then press the "Connect" button, the CubeProgrammer tries to establish a connection, but cannot. The connect button remains grayed out and the connection status remains “not connected”.
The Log from the output window shows the following:

16:30:22 : STM32CubeProgrammer API v2.16.0 | Windows-64Bits
16:30:40 : UR connection mode is defined with the HWrst reset mode
16:30:40 : USB speed : Full Speed (12MBit/s)
16:30:40 : Manuf. ID : Company Name
16:30:40 : Product ID : NG96 Firmware Update
16:30:40 : SN : 204D36813430
16:30:40 : DFU protocol: 1.1
16:30:40 : Board : --
16:30:40 : IAP

If I go back to the Version 2.15 everythings runs fine.
Do I need to change something on my Bootloader, when I use STM32CubeProgrammer v2.16 instead of v2.15?

It looks like the initial problem from "i124q".