cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-link V2 Connection error.

KimJeBu
Associate II

How do I solve this error? "Error: No STM32 target found! If your product embeds Debug Authentication, please perform a discovery using Debug Authentication"

I use SWD. I made the cable for SWD communication. The cable is connecting ST-LINK V2 between board. 

Yesterday, well, was connected to STM32CubeProgrammer.

But today it wasn't connected suddenly.....

I did everything I could by exploring the STM32 community.

Changed ST-LINK V2, the cable, reset mode, etc......

I saw massage what "ST-LINK error (DEV_TARGET_CMD_ERR)" in hardware rest mode.

But I don't solve this error.

Please help me....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ST-LINK/V2 are very often illegally cloned, even the labelling of the packaging card and the housing are copied elaborately.

There are several ways to recognise a clone: you could, for example, open your ST-LINK/V2 (one screw is under the sticker on the back between the logo and the edge, another one is roughly where you have the word "SWIM") and you would then find a fake STM32F103. If you don't want to damage the sticker, you can also try to upgrade the ST-LINK/V2 with the STM32CubeProg (disconnected and right in the middle "Firmware Upgrade"). If this upgrade fails, which you can already tell from the missing or implausible serial number, you have an illegal clone and should contact the manufacturer of this clone - or buy an original ST-LINK/V2.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @KimJeBu, to the community!

Can you please post a photo of the ST-LINK/V2 you are using?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MikaelM
ST Employee

Hello @KimJeBu 

could you provide us more information :

1. which kind of board (ST boards, nucleo, disco, customer board)
  2. device part (U5 series, U585,....)
  3. boot0 state at connection time
  4. STM32CubeProgrammer version
  5. STM32CubeProgrammer connection configurations
  6. steps you have done before and after the issue

Thanks

Best regards

Mikael

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution.

Of course. Thank you for your kindly.KakaoTalk_20230917_231024451.jpgKakaoTalk_20230917_231024451_01.jpg

Hello. MikaeIM

It is answer to your question.

1. customer board

3. The custom board has a switch that changes Boot 0 to low level when pressed.
    So, for download a '.hex' file, power on after press the switch on the custom board..

4. Cube Program Ver. is least versoin.

5. I connected the laptop and the custom board using ST-LINK V2's STM32 (20pin) SWD.

6. Step of before and after the issue is same.
    but, I did re connected the GND(4pin) because GND was open(because the solder ran out.).

Thanks

Best regards

AScha.3
Chief II

>Yesterday, well, ...

maybe you damaged it (static discharge) ; can you try a new one?

+

with SWD connection, need no boot action. (use system software reset , in CubeProg setting)

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

ST-LINK/V2 are very often illegally cloned, even the labelling of the packaging card and the housing are copied elaborately.

There are several ways to recognise a clone: you could, for example, open your ST-LINK/V2 (one screw is under the sticker on the back between the logo and the edge, another one is roughly where you have the word "SWIM") and you would then find a fake STM32F103. If you don't want to damage the sticker, you can also try to upgrade the ST-LINK/V2 with the STM32CubeProg (disconnected and right in the middle "Firmware Upgrade"). If this upgrade fails, which you can already tell from the missing or implausible serial number, you have an illegal clone and should contact the manufacturer of this clone - or buy an original ST-LINK/V2.

Regards
/Peter

gouku
Associate

Hi Peter

I am facing same issue on 2 ST-Link I bought from Digikey. I can see the serial number on both.

Cube programmer ver: v2.15.0

FW ver: V2J43S7

Below is the image of ST Link.

gouku_1-1704189391814.jpeg

gouku_2-1704189430971.jpeg

gouku_3-1704189471005.jpeg

Please help!

Regards

Goutham

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

@gouku Your ST-LINK/V2 look original and if they are also recognised by the STM32Cubeprog and the firmware can be updated, you can assume that the ST-LINK/V2 are working.

However, you are guaranteed to have a different environment than the TO, so it doesn't say much if you only write that you have the same problems. @MikaelM post also applies to you, so please reply to it.

Regards
/Peter

Hi Peter

The issue was with the wiring.! Target Vcc (Pin no 1) was not connected to 3.3V.

I connected to 3.3v and now it works fine.

Thank you.

BR Goutham