cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reemission of GetID command. STM32CubeProgrammer CLI.

shiwasreet
Associate II

Hello everyone, I'm sending the command

"C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin>STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=COM3 br=9600 rts=high -w C:\BinFiles\FirmwareLoader.bin 0x08005000 -v"

from STM32Programmer CLI. Sometimes it just works fine and downloads and verifies the file written, but sometimes it shows the output as below. Does anybody have any idea what "Reemission of GetID command", "GETID command not acknowledged!" means, and what might have caused it and how it  can be resolved ?

P.S. : As I have already said the command works perfectly fine sometimes, so please focus on the output below, not the command. Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
STM32CubeProgrammer v2.15.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Serial Port COM3 is successfully opened.
Port configuration: parity = even, baudrate = 9600, data-bit = 8,
stop-bit = 1.0, flow-control = off
Activating device: OK
Board : --

Response received from device: NACK
Error: GETID command not acknowledged!

Reemission of GetID command

Reemission of GetID command

Chip ID: 0x0

2 REPLIES 2
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear @shiwasreet ,

Can you share the top device marking and also try to increase the UART Baudrate to a bit higher value ? To check .

Let us know ,

STOne-32

STM32L471. I tried using 115200 before, but the frequency of errors I'm getting is a bit less in 9600. But it's the same error I get in 115200 as well. Just letting you know that I've been using serial pins for this device, not SWD port. So, I set the device into boot mode before executing any command. The command and output I've posted above are while the device is in boot mode.