cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish to install the program on Lunbuntu Linux (low spec. pc Ubuntu ver.) because my Windows OS is too old, now in the program archive i see 3 main elements, the file ending with ".linux" it's an exec. for Linux OS, but when executed it doesn't anything

DPana.1
Associate

5 REPLIES 5
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @DPana.1​ ,

Try to use this command : java -jar SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-***.exe .

regards,

Houda

Hi, thanks but it not works, i'm new to Linux environment, it produces a series of log text lines that i can't
understand, but nothing else happens, no graphic interface opens, now i'm not engineer, only a repair man,
i'd like to know if i'm correct if i say that is possible to read/write internal / external flash rom using RS232C
port of PC, connected to certain pins of the board/chip. Thanks.
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @DPana.1​ ,

can you please send me the log output?and also the output log of "java -version" command.

For the second question , using STM32CubeProgrammer, reading/writing external flash is possible only via STLink (not possible via UART). That's mean using UART/Bootloader interface only internal flash is accessible in read/write.

regards,

Houda

What board?

The pins of the STM32 expect CMOS​ levels, and are not directly compatible with RS232 levels.

You may be able to read the Flash content is access has been locked/protected. The BOOT0 pin needs to be high to enter the System Loader, PA9 and PA10 are some of the pins usually involved, but review application note AN2606 related to the specific part in question.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ozone
Lead

> the file ending with ".linux" it's an exec. for Linux OS, but when executed it doesn't anything

In case you don't know, file suffixes have no special meaning under Unix/Linux.

Check in a file browser or per command line that the 'x' flag of said file is set. If not, set it.

You will most probably need SU rights for a successful install.