cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to flash/load code into 2nd bank of STM32U575VGT6 MCU.

Akash Saini
Associate II

We are using STM32U575VGT6 MCU with 1 MB Flash(Two Banks of 512 KB).

We are using entire flash as a single bank, by unchecking DBANK bit in Option byte).

Start address of My image is 0x08000000 but when image size exceeds 0x8000(i.e. image spread across both bank), Then STM32CubeProgrammer write only upto 0x0807FFFF. (Facing same issue when download using IAR ).

Then i tried to debug further and found that if i follow following steps then its work.

1. Erase entire flash using STMCubeProgrammer (Full Chip Erase)
  2. Download the image(downloads succeeds with both IAR/STMCubeProgrammer).
  3. Repeat step 1 and 2 to re-download.

Please help me to resolve the issue so that i would not require to erase entire flash every time manually.

I think programmer shall erase all sectors of image and download the new image with out needs to be erase manually.

For you info using ST link V2 programmer

Thanks in Advance!!

9 REPLIES 9

Check IDE patches, will check if support is in there

Repository\STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.1.1\Utilities\PC_Software\IDEs_Patches\MDK-ARM

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LauraCx
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

I have shared your inputs with the Github team, I will come back to you as soon as I have a feedback.

Thank you,

Laura

I had earlier read the U5 as L5, but the OP is reporting issues with the tools not handling banking correctly.

Looking at the Keil code it looks like the Flash algorithm determines the setting via the options as apposed to the old method of having two .FLM files for the two bank configurations.

I'm not sure if this is more confusing or less, as now it will transparently work, but not necessarily in the mode the user expects. User code would need to check what mode the Flash is in to behave accordingly, and I don't think that will be the usual case.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi @Laura C.​ 

Have any input from GitHub Team?

Thanks @Community member​to understand the issue from user point of view.

Is there any possible workaround or patch i can apply in flashloader files of EWARM(EWARMv8_STM32U57x-58x_V1.3), so that i can proceed for now and avoid manually erasing the Bank 2 pages?

LauraCx
ST Employee

Hi @Akash Saini​,

Please, find below the information received from the internal team:

• The “packs for Keil�? are not published by ST, rather by Keil’s teams themselves.
  • Current version of the STM32CubeL5 firmware available on GitHub is v1.4.0. Newer version v1.5.0 will be available on GitHub as soon as it will be on st.com.

• Can you please clarify what you mean by “other materials for IAR�? and “support of newer L5 parts�?? It seems that all L5 parts are supported in our STM32CubeL5 firmware.

Thank you

Laura

Hi @Laura C.​ 

I mentioned U5 Not L5.

Exact part number - STM32U575VGT6

Dear @Akash Saini​ 

The IAR V8.x is not officially supporting STM32U5 Series you need to upgrade IAR to version 9.x

I will check your case using the IAR V9 and let you know if related to flash loader on versions.

Otherwise, do you practice it using CubeProg to know if it is not related to hardware?

BR,

Younes

Thanks @Younes LAHBIB​ 

I am facing issue in latest IAR 9.30.1.

Tried with latest STMCubeProgrammer v2.12.0, facing same issue.

Not able to flash/load code into 2nd bank of STM32U575VGT6 MCU when Dual bank bit is reset.