cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download STM32CubeProgrammer on MacOS Monterey 12.6

SLenn.2
Associate

I am trying to download STM32CubeProgrammer on MacOS Monterey 12.6 in order to program a STM32F103C8T6 ARM (BluePill) microcontroller. I followed the directions on this post, but I'll outline what I did exactly.

I first uninstalled java:

sudo rm -rf /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin  

sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane  

sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/Oracle/Java/ 

sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines 

0693W00000Y8wf9QAB.png 

I then installed jdk-8u231-macosx-x64.

0693W00000Y8wg2QAB.png0693W00000Y8wgvQAB.png0693W00000Y8whPQAR.pngWhich downloads a different version of Java than the post I was following which I suspect could be part of the problem. I also didn't download the JMC separate download. Not sure if that matters.

I then downloaded the STM32CubeProgrammer for Mac. Tossed the folder on my desktop, and changed directory to this folder

0693W00000Y8wiOQAR.pngI then ran the command:

sudo java -jar SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.12.0.exe

Which brings up the installation wizard for the STM32CubeProgrammer. I followed this and downloaded it to this default location:

/Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer

Downloaded these files:

0693W00000Y8wkEQAR.png 

But it gives me this error:

0693W00000Y8wlbQAB.png 

With these details:

0693W00000Y8wlgQAB.png 

Not sure why it's looking for jre 3 parent directories back. I tried to move the jre file there but it's giving me this error:

0693W00000Y8woaQAB.pngWhat am I doing wrong? Thank you so much in advance for the help. This is for a school project team and I can really use the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @SLenn.2​ , @Community member​ , @TJone.5​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Adding to what my collegue @KHALSI_Foued​ referred to, you can also try one of the following solutions:

1- Install CubeProgrammer using the command:

sudo xattr -cr ~/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-macos.app

2- In case you used the .exe installer (sudo java -jar SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.12.0.exe.) and the popup occurs during the install indicating the following:

""

cp: en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-12-0/../../../jre: No such file or directory

Continue Installation?

""

Continue the installation and copy the downloaded jre folder manually into the CubeProg install folder. To do so, please follow the steps below:

- Copy the jre folder from the downloaded en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-12-0

- Open CubeProgrammer install folder

- Right click on STM32CubeProgrammer.app and select "Show Package Contents"

- Paste the jre folder

3- After the install, if CubeProgrammer couldn't be launched via GUI, please try to lanch it via CLI as follows,

- Navigate to the /Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/STM32CubeProgrammer.app/Contents/MacOs/bin/

- type the command:

java -jar STM32CubeProgrammer

- If the jre folder exists in CubeProgrammer install folder, type the following command:

../../../jre/bin/java -jar STM32CubeProgrammer

I hope this helps!

Sara.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @SLenn.2​,

Please check this link ,I think you have the same issue as reported.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

MStev.7
Associate II

I am having the same issue with the installation and have not been able to get the tool to launch, has anyone figured this out yet?

TJone.5
Associate

I am also seeing the same error while i downloading.

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @SLenn.2​ , @Community member​ , @TJone.5​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Adding to what my collegue @KHALSI_Foued​ referred to, you can also try one of the following solutions:

1- Install CubeProgrammer using the command:

sudo xattr -cr ~/SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-macos.app

2- In case you used the .exe installer (sudo java -jar SetupSTM32CubeProgrammer-2.12.0.exe.) and the popup occurs during the install indicating the following:

""

cp: en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-12-0/../../../jre: No such file or directory

Continue Installation?

""

Continue the installation and copy the downloaded jre folder manually into the CubeProg install folder. To do so, please follow the steps below:

- Copy the jre folder from the downloaded en.stm32cubeprg-mac_v2-12-0

- Open CubeProgrammer install folder

- Right click on STM32CubeProgrammer.app and select "Show Package Contents"

- Paste the jre folder

3- After the install, if CubeProgrammer couldn't be launched via GUI, please try to lanch it via CLI as follows,

- Navigate to the /Applications/STMicroelectronics/STM32Cube/STM32CubeProgrammer/STM32CubeProgrammer.app/Contents/MacOs/bin/

- type the command:

java -jar STM32CubeProgrammer

- If the jre folder exists in CubeProgrammer install folder, type the following command:

../../../jre/bin/java -jar STM32CubeProgrammer

I hope this helps!

Sara.