cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash int+ext memory generated by TouchGFX with STM32CubeProgrammer

DNardi_MS
Associate II

I use a STM32F469I-DISCO, developed with TouchGFX and CubeIDE.

I've ever flashed with TouchGFX and all work fine.

Now I need to send .hex file to customer, I'm going to use a standalone programmer like STM32CubeProgrammer to flash production with the same .hex file but actually I'm still failing.

I'm using target.hex, that should be int+ext memory file, with CubeProgrammer but it's able only to updload internal flash (and it works) but doesn't upload external flash..

I've tried to select IS42S32400F_STM32F469I-DK in UI CubeProgrammer "external loader", but doesn't work.

I've tried with dos command

STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=swd mode=UR -el ExternalLoader\IS42S32400F_STM32F469I-DK.stldr target.hex

but it return

-------------------------------------------------------------------
STM32CubeProgrammer v2.14.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: Wrong external loader file: target.hex

Any help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DNardi_MS
Associate II

Found the issue thanks to ST support: the "-w" option was missing. The command line that work to download internal+external memory (in my case) is that (windows os):

"C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" -c port=swd mode=UR -el "C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\ExternalLoader\IS42S32400F_STM32F469I-DK.stldr" -w "C:\TouchGFXProjects\[project folder]\TouchGFX\build\bin\target.hex"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DNardi_MS
Associate II

UP

DNardi_MS
Associate II

Found the issue thanks to ST support: the "-w" option was missing. The command line that work to download internal+external memory (in my case) is that (windows os):

"C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe" -c port=swd mode=UR -el "C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\STM32Cube\STM32CubeProgrammer\bin\ExternalLoader\IS42S32400F_STM32F469I-DK.stldr" -w "C:\TouchGFXProjects\[project folder]\TouchGFX\build\bin\target.hex"