cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeProgrammer incorrectly reads out/displays BOR

STM32F446, locked to RDP1, BOR set to 3 is incorrectly read out/displayed [EDIT] see next post [/EDIT] in CubeProgrammer v2.12.0:

waclawekjan_0-1690190238114.png

The same chip read out by STLink Utilities:

waclawekjan_1-1690190305223.png

Note, that the write protection is read out/displayed correctly (although very confusingly differently) in CubeProgrammer.

I'd also add a recommendation/change request: similarly to STLink Utilities, read out current Option Bytes when OB are to be displayed for the first time [EDIT] this appears to be done when connection but the recommendation to add to level-1 log holds [/EDIT]  and add a line to the level-1 log that you've done so.

JW

2 REPLIES 2

I've just realized, that CubeProgrammer does not display the BOR level, but the value of given bitfield. That is very confusing, especially for those who (as me) are used to STLink Utility.

So, suggestion #2: please highlight the selected option in the list. The same applies also to the RDP level and wherever else it's appropriate.

waclawekjan_0-1690193562156.png

JW

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @waclawek.jan ,

Thanks for your feedback,

I have submitted a change request to the development team to modify the value display for the RDP/BOR OB case. I will keep you updated on any progress.

Internal ticket number: 158401(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Sara.