cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeProgrammer and QT dependencies

Sofiane
Associate II

Hi,

I've just downloaded the STM32CubeProgrammer software in order to build a C++/QT project with it.

As I was adding the CubeProgrammer_API.dll into my project, i found that i needed some QT5 dlls dependencies such as : Qt5Core.dll Qt5Script.dll Qt5SerialPort.dll Qt5Xml.dll

the problem is that i'm using QT6 in my project ! is there by any chance a version that dont need QT or at least QT6 ?

is there any source code that i could compile on my side in order to update those dependencies ?

Thank you in advance for all the support you can provide

Regards

Sofiane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Sofiane ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Currently, there is no source code available to update QT dependencies. However, we have already logged a request to update the QT libraries for STM32CubeProgrammer.

Internal ticket number: 164514(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I'll keep you posted.

Sara.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @Sofiane ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Currently, there is no source code available to update QT dependencies. However, we have already logged a request to update the QT libraries for STM32CubeProgrammer.

Internal ticket number: 164514(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I'll keep you posted.

Sara.

Hello @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA ,

Thank you for your answer.

I'll wait then for any update.

Sofiane

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA Is there any license encumberment with these QT runtime libraries? The license.txt file of CubeProgrammer says:

7. This software package may also include third party software as expressly specified in the software package subject to
specific license terms from such third parties. Such third party software is supplied under such specific license terms and is
not subject to the terms and conditions of license hereunder. By installing copying, downloading, accessing or otherwise
using this software package, the recipient agrees to be bound by such license terms with regard to such third party
software.

so what are my terms for redistributing these Qt libs with my app which uses CubeProg_API?  I could not find additional license info under CubeProgrammer/api/doc