cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WolfSSL code not being generated completed from CubeMX

vanhorng
Associate

Hey all, 

I am attempting to use the CubeMX to enable and generate code for the WolfSSL middleware.   When I do, it seems to not generate all the files.  One that is missing for example is evp.c.  

However, it seems that none of the .C files are generated, just the header files.  What setting am I not choosing?

vanhorng_0-1694533986762.png

I downloaded the source from https://www.wolfssl.com/ and saw that there are many files missing from the code generation from CubeMX.  What do I need to change?

vanhorng_1-1694534568127.png

For reference, I am developing on a STM32L476 using the Nucleo-64 development board.

My compiler is GCC-ARM-NONE-EABI and I am using VSCODE and CMAKE.  None of that really matters at this point, I am just wondering why the C files are not generated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @vanhorng 

If you want all .C files to be generated, I suggest you to use an updated firmware. Than and using CubeMX, choose your board. Configure the freertos and then, configure the WolfSSL like that:

wolf1.PNG

After that and before generating your project, disable the generate under roots option

wolf2.PNG

Then in the code generator choose the option copie all used libraries into the project folder as shown below:

wolf3.PNG

Now generate your project and you will find all .c files:

w1.PNG

w3.PNG

w2.PNG

w4.PNG

Best regards. 

II

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @vanhorng 

If you want all .C files to be generated, I suggest you to use an updated firmware. Than and using CubeMX, choose your board. Configure the freertos and then, configure the WolfSSL like that:

wolf1.PNG

After that and before generating your project, disable the generate under roots option

wolf2.PNG

Then in the code generator choose the option copie all used libraries into the project folder as shown below:

wolf3.PNG

Now generate your project and you will find all .c files:

w1.PNG

w3.PNG

w2.PNG

w4.PNG

Best regards. 

II

I looked back on my settings in CubeMX based on your images above, and I didn't have the WolfCrypt Core selected.  I just had the wolfSSL / Core selected.   Thanks for the quick resolution.