cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which version does FreeRtos in CubeMX come with?

Scott Dev
Senior

Hi

Im using CubeMX version 5.10, and about to start learning the freertos . Which version comes with CubeMX? I thought it was the version from www.freertos.org , but I see withng cubeMX the drop down allows CMSIS_1 (I am using STM32L4 and F7 processors). Can anyone tell me which one it is , and also a few pointers for a beginner to the freertos?

Many Thanks

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Scott Dev​ ,

For the 5.1.0 CubeMX version, it uses the V-10.0.1 of FreeRtos .

Best Regards,

Khouloud

Scott Dev
Senior

Hi

Many thanks for your reply. Attched is the drop down list of the interface, and it doesnt have freeRTOS. I read some place that there should be a selection for freeRTOS too.

Best Regards

Scott

​Hello @Scott Dev​  ,

To enable Freertos you should select one of the 2 version of CMSIS (CMSIS_V1 or CMSIS_V2) and depending on the availability.

Then, you can find under configuration-Config parameters versions of FreeRTOS and CMSIS and they depend on MCU and CubeMX version, also there is a button that can help you to use  parameters .

0690X000009jB2OQAU.png

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

Piranha
Chief II

Underneath ST's bloatware it is the same normal FreeRTOS, but ST have made CMSIS-RTOS wrappers to it and CubeMX uses FreeRTOS only through these.

It's sad that ST's employees are not able to explain even the most basic things in a short and clear way...