cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the code generator gone?

KY
Associate II

Hello!

I have upgraded to version 5. Can anybody tell me where the generator command is gone? It used to be directly in one of the 3 menus as far as I remember, something like generate code or something like that.

Thanks!

K

4 REPLIES 4
Khouloud GARSI
Lead II

Hi @KY​ ,

It's above the "Tools" menu.

0690X000006DN8ZQAW.png

Khouloud.

KY
Associate II

Hello Khouloud!

Thanks for your reply! Of course, it was so big that I didn't see it. I have searched in all the menus for a while and even reinstalled 4.27. I should step back a few meters sometimes.

K

Piranha
Chief II

The real answer is - it's a bad GUI. If You make buttons, tabs and almost everything a flat one color tone rectangle, then You get interface with bad ergonomics. Unfortunately because of Windows 8-10, Skype 8 and other "modern" junk and herd mentality, this degradation idiocracy is now considered as being "good".

KY
Associate II

Hello!

Well, like it or not, you have to live with it.

But to be frank, I preferred the old one. which was (I think)​ more structured, more intuitive.

There are many examples in the software world of programs that don't comply with the standard

way of doing things, which is ctrl-c to copy, ctrl-v to paste and move, etc.

For example, in this new version, ST has chosen to have a menu at the bottom of the window, which is certainly innovative. Nobody else does it. I'm skeptical about what we gain from this innovation... What does it bring?

K