cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VREFBUF not available

Zer0
Associate II

I have an STM32U535RET6 chipset and I'm trying to enable it's voltage reference buffer, but I can't. I have the latest version of the STM32 Cube IDE, and I'm stuck at the "VREF+ is double bonded with VDDA in this package" message. What's interesting is that a colleague of mine, somehow can enable the VREFBUF-er. I've attached 2 screenshots below, as well as the .ioc file. It's the same chipset, so I'm relay confused about the actual problem. Can somebody help me out please?

PXL_20240918_122735513.MP.jpg

Zer0_1-1726724982322.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

>genuinely don't know what to do with the VREF+/VDDA.

Nothing - its connected/bonded to VDDA. And this should be  = VDD. (see ds for possible VDDA range)

see ds:

AScha3_0-1726732307334.png

+

AScha3_1-1726732596821.png

>interesting is that a colleague of mine, somehow can enable the VREFBUF

In this 64pin case? Yes you can, to test: will it survive the short to VDDA or not...

but it will not change the value on VDDA, if VDDA is supplied in your circuit/board - as it needs to be.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Zer0 

I'm not using my PC now (so i can't open the .ioc file). But if you want to know way this option is geayed and you can't use it, you may have to put your cursor on the option you want to enable under mode tab and a pop up will apper with a full description of why this option is geayed and what to do to enable it.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for the info! I have done that already, below is a screenshot regarding that. But it still makes me wonder why, since the same chipset doesn't have the VREF+ double bonded with VDDA in this package. Even so, I genuinely don't know what to do with the VREF+/VDDA.

Zer0_0-1726729516877.png

In 'U535, the VREF+ pin - consequently VREFBUF - is available only in the 100-pin packages:

waclawekjan_0-1726731072327.png

JW

For your college, could you send me his .ioc file. I think it is a bug is an older version.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

>genuinely don't know what to do with the VREF+/VDDA.

Nothing - its connected/bonded to VDDA. And this should be  = VDD. (see ds for possible VDDA range)

see ds:

AScha3_0-1726732307334.png

+

AScha3_1-1726732596821.png

>interesting is that a colleague of mine, somehow can enable the VREFBUF

In this 64pin case? Yes you can, to test: will it survive the short to VDDA or not...

but it will not change the value on VDDA, if VDDA is supplied in your circuit/board - as it needs to be.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

He can't send it to me right now, but you're right, he's got an older version of CubeMX.