cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Doublebuffering Issue

mtechmatt
Associate III

Hi,

I am using an H743 coupled to W9825G6KH-6 (256MBit SDRAM)

Everything works fine on my 1024x600x16bit (RGB565) display with a single buffer held at 0xC0000000, however when I enable double buffering with the second buffer at 0xC012C000 (1024x600x2 added to first buffer address), I get the following error handle occur from the DMA: DMA2D Xfer ErrorCallback
And obviously Touch GFX doesn't continue.

Anyone else come across this, or where I could start looking?

Thanks n advance,

Matt

1 REPLY 1
allenmack
Associate II

@mtechmatt wrote:

Hi,

I am using an H743 coupled to W9825G6KH-6 (256MBit SDRAM)

Everything works fine on my 1024x600x16bit (RGB565) display with a single buffer held at 0xC0000000, however when I enable double buffering with the second buffer at 0xC012C000 (1024x600x2 added to first buffer address), I get the following error handle occur from the DMA: DMA2D Xfer ErrorCallback
And obviously Touch GFX doesn't continue.

Anyone else come across this, or where I could start looking?

Thanks n advance,

Matt poly clinic

It looks like you’re encountering a DMA2D transfer error when enabling double buffering. This issue might be due to incorrect buffer addresses or configuration.

Here’s a brief checklist to troubleshoot:

1. Buffer Alignment: Ensure the buffer addresses are correctly aligned. For DMA2D, buffers should typically be aligned to a multiple of 32 bytes.

2. DMA2D Configuration: Verify that the DMA2D configuration settings match the buffer requirements, including pixel format and buffer size.

3. Memory Access: Confirm that the memory regions for both buffers are properly set up and accessible.

4. TouchGFX Configuration: Check if TouchGFX is correctly configured for double buffering.

Start by validating these settings to address the DMA2D error.