cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCubeMX 5.4.0 Problem to Generate Code for MDK-ARM V5.27 after updating from 5.3.0

GS1
Senior III

I have a recently started new project (STM32F446RETx), which was generated without problems 3 days ago using 5.3.0 and Keil 5.27.0.

Now I thought it would be a good idea to proceed with this project on the latest release of CubeMS V. 5.4.0. Now I can not generate code for the Keil compiler any more :pouting_face:

"The Code is sussessfully generated under ...

but MDK-ARM V5.27project generation have a problem."

I updated Keil to 5.28.0. Same issue.

The path has no special characters. So this won't be the reason.

I tried to generate a plain new project with the same processor, activate 2 pins as output. Same problem.

When trying to open this new project file in Keil, the compiler complains:

Device not found "??device??"

Vendor STMicroelectronics.

I checked the with the Pack Installer :STM32F446RETx was installed and "Up to date".

Conclusion:

The various experiences updating Cube releases are a desaster! I am really scared to update Cube to a new release! I always hope that the new release would fix previous problems and issues, but with every update I encounter new problems!

If I would send these kinds of updates to my customers I would be out of business since long!

9 REPLIES 9
GS1
Senior III

I tried to go back to Version 5.3.0 and then that one did not work any longer either.

After Installation of Cube V. 5.4.0 I had to update to Java 64 Bit version (was requested by Cube), which I installed.

Uninstalling this Java update cured the problem and 5.3.0. is working again now.

May be this information helps to find the solution for the problem.

LMart.1696
Associate

thanks @GS@S​ !! It worked for me.

I spend 2 weeks trying everything and thanks to you it work !!

SAlek.3
Associate

Today I noticed this problem too (СubeMX version 6.0.0). I was sure that the problem was in Java and was not mistaken. I reinstalled Java several times using the installer downloaded from the Java.com website but did not help. Then I downloaded the full installation (offline version), reinstalled it and the problem was solved.

I have the same problem wih CubeMX 6.0, Could you please explain me more how did you resolve the prolem?

PKulk.2
Associate II

I was facing the same issue for many days & I also tried to switch from versions of STMCubeMx & diferent IDEs.

But it is very silly issue & solution to it also very easy.

You just have to install the Java Run Time Environment (JRE) 8 or below JRE 10 & boom!!! it will work properly with any IDE.

Uninstall the JRE latest versions if you have any(e.g. JRE 14 or JRE 15) & keep only one JRE10 or below v10.

I'm using JRE8. STMCubeMx doesn't support JRE above 10.

You don't have to change anything else. (Project directory, names etc)

Thanks a lot . For absolute newbies like me this advice was truly helpful.

this solution works for me, thank you

Keil v5.36 , cube v6.12

i had first JRE 13

NKrau.1
Associate

Hello, I'm having the same problem described above. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java multiple times and I'm not having any luck. I'm running Cube v6.4 and Keil v5.36. Currently I have the JRE 8 installed on my computer downloaded from Oracle. I chose the Windows x86 installation. I'm trying to generate code for an STM32L053C8T Any help would be much appreciated!

MKell.6
Associate

@NKrau.1​i have download all the necessary file for your MCU, and generated a code with stmcube 6.4v i build the project and it had no errors, i dont own an stm32l0 devices, maybe there is something else not good configured0693W00000JOekcQAD.png