cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCubeIDE very slow USER LABEL keyboard input. Delay between characters.

pascal0312
Associate

It has been an issue since at least STMCubeIDE v1.2.

In Pinout & Configuration -> GPIO, when changing the USER LABEL name, the input is ver slow with 1~1.5s delay between characters.

You can enter a complete name with high speed with your keyboard, but the software will put the actual character once every second. It makes editing pin names very annoying to do. Backspacing characters is slow as well.

2 REPLIES 2
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @pascal0312​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

Could you provide the OS version as well as the CubeIDE version.

I am running CubeIDE 1.12.1 on a windows 10 PC and I am not able to reproduce the described behavior.

KR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dave.Electron
Associate II

Hello,

I am having the same issue with CubeIDE 1.12.1, CubeMX 6.8.1, Win10. Text entry for the User Label for a GPIO pin is an exercise in frustration. Typed characters don't show right. A method that seems to work for me is to paste the text into the entry box. Then, my pasted text shows up on the Pinout View but not in the text entry box until I save and exit MX and reopen it. Very weird. 

In case it matters, I observed this behavior after creating a new project for STM32C011F6U6, then opening MX by double clicking the .ioc file.

I'm happy to perform additional experiments if it helps you in debugging.