cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 CPU speed increase

simonellwood9171
Associate II

I have just realized, that the CPU speed of the STM32H7 series has increased from 400 MHz to 480 MHz, on the ST website and in the documents.

The STM32MUX clock tool, doesn't though know about this yet.

I have not been able to find any info on, if this is some new measurements, so that this speed increase affects all revisions of the STM32H7's, or if this only affects the newer revisions.

Has anybody stumbled upon this information somewhere?

25 REPLIES 25

We used to use NXP, but they messed us around so this is us returning to STM. Seems that may not have been a wise move.

Is there more detail on the new Flash programming sequence and how it is back compatible with revision Y ? Our device reprograms it's own Flash so obviously we have to update all the rev Y parts with a new programming sequence.

I also think, that this information is completely lacking in the migration document...

We used dsPIC's back in the days. They were really cool 🙂

Frederic LE CAM
Associate II

A Product Change Notification (PCN) has been sent out few days ago to our customers to inform Rev Y users that a migration of their application to Rev V must be contemplated. As usual, we leave our customers the time to qualify this migration and meanwhile we can continue to support the deliveries with current Rev Y. This has to be feedback to st as a response to the PCN via your regular procurement channels to make sure you keep receiving the older revision  until you get ready for the new one.  The PCN explains how to differentiate the Revsions and how to procure samples of the new Rev.

Where do we see this PCN ? All I have seen is App note AN5312. My distributor doesn't even know what revision they have. So how do I get a sample of rev V to begin upgrading our firmware ?

Also our Discovery kits are now useless as we can't debug the new Flash programming routines on them. Will you be offering some sort of swap on these ?

I haven't seen or heard about any PCN either.

Neither have I ever heard about, that I am able to tell my suppliers, which revision of a microcontroller that I want to order. But I will now send an email to both Mouser, Digikey and Farnell, to see what they say...

A couple of samples and a swap of the discovery kit would surely be a bit helpful, to this otherwise ackwards situation.