cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX not working to switch to another MCU

CLee.0
Associate III

I am following the instructions in the 'UM1718 User manual", section 10.9, "Switching to another MCU".

In STM32CubeMX I opened a new project and chose the F303RETx MCU option. Then I imported a working .ioc file into STM32CubeMX that was originally set for the F303RCTx, then, as described in the instructions, did Try Import, which worked, then named the project, and clicked Generate Code, for the STM32CubeIDE, which worked, no errors reported.

But, when I open the project in STM32CubeIDE, and try to compile, I get the error about missing files as follows:

compilation terminated.

make: *** [Drivers/STM32F3xx_HAL_Driver/Src/subdir.mk:81: Drivers/STM32F3xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f3xx_hal.o] Error 1

In file included from ../Drivers/STM32F3xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/stm32f3xx_hal.h:46:0,

from ../Drivers/STM32F3xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32f3xx_hal_adc_ex.c:55:

../Inc/stm32f3xx_hal_conf.h:206:12: fatal error: stm32f3xx_hal_exti.h: No such file or directory

#include "stm32f3xx_hal_exti.h"

Any ideas?

Not only do I not see the file stm32f3xx_hal_exti.h, but I don't see either the ../Inc/stm32f3xx_hal_conf.h file (maybe it's somewhere else).

Thanks for any info.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RMcCa
Senior II

There should be a hal config file somewhere in the project. Comment out "use exti" or whatever. You can also import the hal exti.h and .c files from the cubemx repository into the drivers hal directories​.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RMcCa
Senior II

There should be a hal config file somewhere in the project. Comment out "use exti" or whatever. You can also import the hal exti.h and .c files from the cubemx repository into the drivers hal directories​.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> Not only do I not see the file stm32f3xx_hal_exti.h, but I don't see either the ../Inc/stm32f3xx_hal_conf.h file (maybe it's somewhere else).

Check your include path for the points to the correct place.

If you selected in Cube project generation options to copy all files into your project, this should be created under your project,

and files populated when the project is created first time. Later, if you need more .h or .c driver files, you'll have to copy these manually.

If you selected to link to the Cube installation directory, the Eclipse project will be created with references to the Cube "repository".

-- pa

CLee.0
Associate III

Thanks Rich and Pavel.

I followed Rich's advice and commented out #include "stm32f3xx_hal_exti.h" (I don't think I need it, though we'll see) in the .../Inc/stm32f3xx_hal_conf.h file and it did compile then.