cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX error during project generation

RAkma
Associate II

Hello! I use CubeMX ver.5.1.0 and Linux Mint 19. When i push the button "Generate code" CubeMX creates source files and headers, but doesn't creates any project files or makefiles. Than it shows error message(screenshot in attachments). It shows this message with all types of toolchains excepts item "Other Toolchains(GPDSC)".0690X0000089LYsQAM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

While you're waiting for more helpful answers: start the CubeMX from a terminal window, so you can see all the error or debug messages. Maybe something interesting will show up.

-- pa

alister
Lead

On Windows you can also check STM32CubeMX.log at C:\Users\<username>\.stm32cubemx.

RAkma
Associate II

I'd run CubeMX from the terminal and look for STM32CubeMX.log. Output information in this two ways is the same. I attach it here. I see strokes "Problem during Copy of File ***", but can't understand how to fix that.

Seen a few of these with V5.1.0 too, in Windows 10.

Yes it's copying HAL driver files to your project and thinks it can't. Calling it a "problem" isn't helpful. If you didn't enable or disable a peripheral in the .ioc and it's copying these files, that's a bug too. Can only guess.

1. Check permissions
  2. Close anything that could have a lock, include file managers, and retry
  3. Reboot and retry
  4. Delete the Drivers directory and retry
  5. Delete the .mxproject file and retry