cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX does not always update .project files

WLear
Associate III

STM32CubeMX does not always update the .project files when code is regenerated on an STM32H7 project.

This is especially true when moving a peripheral from one core to the other.

For example, I generated a project with SPI1 and I2C4 in the M4 context, and verified the project built cleanly. I then moved the two peripherals to the M7 context and regenerated code. The .project files were unchanged, and both the M4 and M7 projects failed. I manually moved the necessary HAL libraries from the M4 .project to the .M7 .project and everything built cleanly again.

The problem was similar when I tried to move USB (and CDC class) from M4 to M7. The USBDEVICE files were moved between cores correctly, but the .project files were untouched.

Is there a way to force CubeMX to update the .project files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @WLear​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

I confirm the issue and I reported it to the dev team to fix it. In the meantime you can avoid the compilation error by deleting the .project files before re-generating the project.

Internal ticket number: 132697 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @WLear​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

I confirm the issue and I reported it to the dev team to fix it. In the meantime you can avoid the compilation error by deleting the .project files before re-generating the project.

Internal ticket number: 132697 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

If your issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly 🙂

Sara.

WLear
Associate III

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

That is an acceptable workaround.