cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.8.0 released

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

We are pleased to announce you that the official release of STM32CubeMX v6.8.0 is available for download here

What is new in STM32CubeMX V6.8.0?

• Added the support for the STM32H5 series microcontrollers

• Added the support for new microcontrollers in the STM32U5 series

• Added the support for the STM32WBA series microcontrollers

• Added the support for one new board related to the STM32G4 series: B-G473E-ZEST1S

• Added the support for three new boards related to the STM32H5 series: NUCLEO-H563ZI, NUCLEO-H503RB, STM32H573I-DK

• Added the support for three new boards related to the STM32U5 series: STM32U5A9J-DK, NUCLEO-U5A5ZJ-Q, NUCLEO-U545RE-Q

• Added the support for one new board related to the STM32WBA series: NUCLEO-WBA52CG

• Added the LPBAM support for new microcontrollers in the the STM32U5 series

• Added the support for Log4j version 2

• Added the support for FreeRTOS™ for the STM32U5 series and STM32H5 series

• Improved the visibility of STM32Cube Expansion packages under the peripheral and the middleware list

• Added the support for the cohabitation between Azure® RTOS USBX or USB and USBPD for the STM32L5 series, making it possible to enable and disable the USB support from USB-PD middleware

• Added the bootpath configuration support for the STM32H5 series

• Added the STM32CubeCLT command-line toolset in the STM32CubeMX External Tools panel

• Enabled data analytics collection by default

• Upgraded the JDK11 to Adoptium™ Termurin™ 11.0.17

Main fixed issues

113603 NUCLEO-H755ZI-Q and STM32H747I-DISCO 480 MHz SMPS clock configuration issue.

130976 [ETH][STM32F4] Improved PHY driver configuration for STM32F4 microcontrollers.

137571 [Third parties] Allow running compatibility scripts for minor releases.

140456 [STM32CubeMx] [FreeRtos] Thread creation function not generated in main.c

142042 [STM32CubeMX] [IAR] [Project generator] Lost of project in IAR's workspace

143178 [STM32CubeMX] Error in code generation for STEVAL-PROTEUS1

143552 [FileX]User code is deleted when changing settings in Code Configurator

143096 [STM32CubeMX][USB] Error in code generation for STM32F429

Known issues fixed and problems and limitations

Please refer to the release note.

Where do I obtain STM32CubeMX V6.8.0?

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubemx.html

… Or update your current installation of STM32CubeIDE using: Help > Check for updates

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

8 REPLIES 8
Zack
Associate II

If no middleware is selected, the "Middlewares" folder is deleted completely after generating code, including other middleware I manually added in this folder(I like to keep the project folder structure simple, so i put all middleware in the same folder)

Is this a bug or is it designed to work this way?

Hello @Zack​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

However, I was not able to reproduce the issue. Therefore, could you provide the exact steps which led to this behavior and the IDE you are using.

One last request, could you please post your question as a separate post in the Q&A section to make it visible easier to other community member.

Tanks and best regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

CColo.2
Associate II

Hi!

I am trying to install the STM32CubeMX 6.8.0 on my macOS 13.3 (Ventura),but when I run the installer it gives me the following error: You cannot open the application SetupSTM32CubeMX-6.8.0.app because it is corrupted or incomplete.

I have installed Xcode and tried to run the instructions "In case of error, try one of the following fixes: - $sudo xattr -cr ~/SetupSTM32CubeMX-6.8.0.app."

I can't install it.

•  

DClif.1
Associate

Hi,

I just grabbed CubeMX 6.8 and installed it and created a new H5 project to test but I found that 'Makefile' toolchain/ide is not available, see attached. Any idea how to enable this?

When will the SVD files be published on the ST website as I cannot find them there yet?

I'm also having issues with the UI when enabling the I3C peripheral, it complains about the Bus Idle Duration but the range is invalid, see attached.

0693W00000aJGQMQA4.png 

0693W00000aJGPxQAO.png

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> when enabling the I3C peripheral, it complains about the Bus Idle Duration but the range is invalid, see attached.

What is wrong? 200292 is not between 200000 and 81588.

DClif.1
Associate

two things:

1) the low number should be first.

2) if you enter a number within the range it rejects it, if you enter a number higher or lower than the range it rejects it too.

Ruồi
Associate III

Hello,

Will the new version of CUBEMX solve this problem?

https://community.st.com/s/article/FAQ-DMA-is-not-working-on-STM32H7-devices

Thanks,

HAILV

nilesh-dryad
Associate III

This version says that freertos support is added for stm32u5 series but I am not able to find any example for the same? Is it really added?