cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCC (Power Consumption Calculator) explanation inside cubeMX

TECO
Associate II

I discovered the Tools tab (see picture) with various parameters (voltage, frequency, intensity, etc.) and a sequence when I was using STM32CubeMX to create a project. Nevertheless, I find it difficult to comprehend all of its details, such as how sequence time functions (does it indicate the amount of time the chip is running?).
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please explain the tab to me and let me know if it is a means of determining the chip's power consumption (like stm32h747-DISCO).

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
ELABI.1
ST Employee

Hello @TECO 

The "Tools" tab in STM32CubeMX is a tool for configuring and analyzing the performance of your STM32 microcontroller. By using parameters such as voltage, frequency, intensity ect,  you can estimate energy consumption and optimize your project for better efficiency.

Here is the link to UM which contains a tutorial that explains how to use the Power Consumption Calculator
to optimize the embedded application consumption and more:

STM32CubeMX for STM32 configuration and initialization C code generation - User manual 

If there is anything unclear in this tutorial, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you.

Best regards,

ELABI.1

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.