cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ST-LINK/V2 debug probe found connected to the USB port I am using stm32CudeMX to generate a FW on a NUCLEO-G431RB board with the IAR workbench for ARM. IAR workbench version is 9.10.1.36323. The code was built without error, but the download failed.

CZhen.1
Associate II

Step1: Start My project from ST Board:

0693W00000JM2j3QAD.pngStep 2: Selected the board and Start Project:

0693W00000JM2jSQAT.pngStep 3: In Project Manager, chose EWARM as Toolchain/IDE:

0693W00000JM2jXQAT.pngStep 4: Generate Code and Open Project:

0693W00000JM2jmQAD.pngStep 5: Built the code without errors:

0693W00000JM2jwQAD.pngStep 6: Downloaded the code and got Fatal error:

0693W00000JM2k1QAD.pngIAR product info:

0693W00000JM2kQQAT.png

7 REPLIES 7
MM..1
Chief II

G431 is relative new, you need new stlink fw and tools to flash. I have similar troubles with first use this nucleo with IDE . Need upgrade stlink GDBserver and fw onboard stlink too.

CZhen.1
Associate II

Thanks for the reply, very appreciated! I am really new to the STM32 family. Could you please be a bit more specific on how to upgrade stlink GDBserver and fw onboard stlink exactly?

TDK
Guru

Can you connect with STM32CubeProgrammer? Does it show up in device manager?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
MM..1
Chief II

The STM32CubeProgammer download OK, but still getting the "No ST-LINK detected" problem:

0693W00000JMGRrQAP.pngThe ST link show up in the device manager OK:

0693W00000JMGTdQAP.png

Download install and run STM32CubeProgammer after build in IAR

and try load with STM32CubeProgammer. When you done reconfig IAR to use external cmd flash and try STM32CubeProgammer_CLI

And your IDE screenshot have download success displayed, then your stlink is disconected by code run maybe you use SWD in code , then no debuger will work.

Hi @CZhen.1​ ,

What you are sharing in the first picture is STM32CubeIDE interface, not STM32CubeProgrammer.

As far as IAR is concerned, check the options of your project (go to "Project" tab then "Options").

You need to make sure that ST-Link is selected at Debugger tab. Then, at Debugger>ST-Link, check the values set there.

Another way to make sure about the correct setup is to compare:

• the options of the project generated with STM32CubeMX
  • the options of a ready to use example like STM32Cube_FW_G4\Projects\NUCLEO-G431RB\Examples\GPIO\GPIO_IOToggle\EWARM.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.