cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MxCube Bug: STM32H747XI USB_HS includes API's in both projects

MFolk.1
Senior

When attempting to configure USB_OTG_HS and corresponding USB_DEVICE_M4/M7 middleware on STM32H747XI (on either M7 or M4 cores), the "STM32_USB_Device_Library" directory gets included on both cores, causing the core that isn't using the USB peripheral to fail build. Here are the errors that occur:

/.../H7/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src/usbd_core.c:20:10: fatal error: usbd_core.h: No such file or directory
20 | #include "usbd_core.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
/.../H7/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src/usbd_ctlreq.c:20:10: fatal error: usbd_ctlreq.h: No such file or directory
20 | #include "usbd_ctlreq.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
/.../H7/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src/usbd_ioreq.c:20:10: fatal error: usbd_ioreq.h: No such file or directory
20 | #include "usbd_ioreq.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
/.../H7/Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Class/CDC/Src/usbd_cdc.c:59:10: fatal error: usbd_cdc.h: No such file or directory
59 | #include "usbd_cdc.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src/subdir.mk:25: Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src/usbd_core.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make: *** [Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src/subdir.mk:27: Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src/usbd_ctlreq.o] Error 1
make: *** [Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src/subdir.mk:29: Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Core/Src/usbd_ioreq.o] Error 1
make: *** [Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Class/CDC/Src/subdir.mk:19: Middlewares/ST/STM32_USB_Device_Library/Class/CDC/Src/usbd_cdc.o] Error 1
"make -j24 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

15:38:03 Build Failed. 9 errors, 0 warnings. (took 277ms)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @MFolk.1 

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number:172326(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

For the moment in order to build the project successfully , you need to delete the ST folder under potentalH7_CM4\ Middlewares.

I will keep you posted with updates.

Thx

Ghofrane

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @MFolk.1 

First let me thank you for posting.

I tried to reproduce the issue mentioned above using the latest version of CubeMX 6.10.0 and everything works correctly , could you please share your IOC in order to push further the investigation.

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Thx

Ghofrane

Thanks for your willingness to look into this issue. See attached.

Note that I'm also using CubeMx 6.10.0 (within STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0).

Hello @MFolk.1 

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number:172326(This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

For the moment in order to build the project successfully , you need to delete the ST folder under potentalH7_CM4\ Middlewares.

I will keep you posted with updates.

Thx

Ghofrane