cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX project - Code can't be generated when there is '&' sign in the name

NGajic
Associate III

Hi,

I used CubeMX 5.6.1 and then I tried to generate code for project with '&' sign in it, and generation stucked in Copying library files. I restarted CubeMX several times, but nothing changed so I deleted '&' sign and everything goes fine. I tried again by adding '&' and generation of code stuck. Is this some kind of bug in the CubeMX? I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks in advance,

Nenad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aymen CHAKROUN
ST Employee

Hi @NGajic​ ,

This recommendation will be raised internally in ST to have an enhancement with theses unsupported characters.

Regards,

Aymen.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aymen CHAKROUN
ST Employee

Hi @NGajic​ ,

I think it's not a bug in CubeMX.

This king of unsupported character is also seen when creating eclipse project for example (see below an eclipse screenshot).

0693W000002lewqQAA.jpg

Regards,

Aymen.

KnarfB
Principal III

I wouldn't call that a bug. There are always some reserved special characters in any computer software. Stick to plain letters and digits and maybe underscore.

NGajic
Associate III

Hi @Aymen CHAKROUN​ ,

Ok, if this character cannot be used in Eclipse (I didn't know that), than you should give some info to the users, because generation is stuck and nobody knows why, progress bar is stopped and nothing happens. You have to use Task Manager to kill the process.

Cheers,

Nenad

Aymen CHAKROUN
ST Employee

Hi @NGajic​ ,

This recommendation will be raised internally in ST to have an enhancement with theses unsupported characters.

Regards,

Aymen.