cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Resources update issue using STM32CubeIDE

saeed.poorjandaghi
Associate II

Hello,

I'm currently working with the STM32H745I-DISCO board, using STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeMX v1.14.0 for peripheral initialization. Initially, I enabled SDMMC1 on the Cortex-M7 core, which worked well - the necessary resources were added to my project under the "STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver" folder:

• stm32h7xx_hal_mmc.c
  • stm32h7xx_hal_mmc_ex.c
  • stm32h7xx_ll_sdmmc.c

Subsequently, I attempted to enable SDMMC1 for the Cortex-M4 core as well (while keeping the initializer on Cortex-M7). However, STM32CubeMX automatically disabled the MX_SDMMC1_MMC_Init function for the M4 core. To address this, I unchecked the relevant option in Advanced Settings and regenerated the code. Unfortunately, this didn't update the linked resources for the M4 project, leading to a compilation error due to an "undefined reference to `HAL_MMC_Init'".

In an additional test, I enabled SDMMC1 exclusively for the M4 core, which resulted in the removal of linked resources from the M7 project but did not add them to the M4 core. Even after re-enabling SDMMC1 for the M7 core and regenerating the code, the resources were not reinstated.

This issue is quite frustrating, and I'm looking for any solutions or workarounds that might be available.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
saeed.poorjandaghi
Associate II

UPDATE: I deleted "local" Driver folder and also removed any residual include path and linked references for both M4 and M7 projects and instead import  the original Driver folder as a Linked Folder under each project and then of course update the include path and source locations. This seems to fix my issue as it aligns with the way v1.14.0 configure the project.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Workarounds are quite obvious. If some source file (or link to it) should not be in the project but remains there and causes build error - remove it from build it in the file settings. If a source file should be there but is missing - copy it manually.

Thank you for the reply. I mean a workaround for the STM32CubeIDE itself to kind of reset the whole project, not just for the compile as I already moved to VSCode and makefile because of this.

saeed.poorjandaghi
Associate II

UPDATE: I deleted "local" Driver folder and also removed any residual include path and linked references for both M4 and M7 projects and instead import  the original Driver folder as a Linked Folder under each project and then of course update the include path and source locations. This seems to fix my issue as it aligns with the way v1.14.0 configure the project.