cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry about Boot Pin setting while using STM32CubeMX

Paul6
Associate II

I am using STM32CubeMX and need to set

nBoot0, nBOOT0_SEL, and BOOT_LOCK. (Stm32G031 series is being used and Pattern 11 is being used)

I have difficulty connecting with the STM32Cubeprogrammer program,

so I would like to process it with the CubeMX program if possible,

but I would like to inquire about how to modify the register.

Please let me know!! please.

Paul6_1-1727660014219.png

Paul6_0-1727659973721.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

STM32CubeMX cannot modify option bytes as it doesn't connect to the chip at all.

STM32CubeProgrammer is the easiest way to program them. If you're having trouble connecting, I would suggest figuring out why and solving that issue rather than hoping another program will work better.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

STM32CubeMX cannot modify option bytes as it doesn't connect to the chip at all.

STM32CubeProgrammer is the easiest way to program them. If you're having trouble connecting, I would suggest figuring out why and solving that issue rather than hoping another program will work better.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Paul6
Associate II

The STM32G031 DSP seems to have stopped working after performing a firmware update. Is this because the boot settings are not set?

No, unless those settings were changed in the firmware update. Which they probably weren't.

Paul6
Associate II

I performed a firmware update without boot settings, and it worked once. But when I tried it the second time, it didn't connect at all. Will it be restored if I set up a boot connection?

You may need to explain your situation more.

What device are you working with? What "firmware update" did you do? And how was that firmware update done?

Paul6
Associate II

I used a product called 'Easy Dsp' and installed firmware designed by STM32CubeMX.

However, after performing the update once, the DSP seems to have stopped.

I think it's related to boot settings, and I'm trying to modify boot pins using STM32Programmer.