cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAP with Ymodem has an error when first send the file.

UTU
Associate

Like subject when I powered on my mcu board and sent '.bin' file first, it occured an error "The image size is higher than the allowed space memory".

But Sent same '.bin' file again, it's OK.

I used to STM32F429ZI, IAR Compiler and  Menu.c & .h , common.c & .h, Ymodem.c & .h, flash_if.c & .h on STM32F4 IAP Example project.

i can't guess my problems, so i need your help.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @UTU 

First let me thank you for posting.

There could be a few reasons why this occurred:

1- Memory Allocation: The error message suggests that the image size of the '.bin' file you initially sent exceeded the available memory space on your MCU board. This could be due to incorrect memory allocation or insufficient memory reserved for storing the firmware image. Double-check the memory configuration in your project to ensure that it matches the specifications of your STM32F429ZI board.

2-Initialization or Reset: It's possible that the first attempt to send the '.bin' file didn't properly initialize or reset the MCU board, causing the error. When you tried again, the board might have been in a better state to handle the programming operation. Ensure that you follow the proper initialization and reset procedures before programming the flash memory.

Thx

Ghofrane