cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C2 conflict with CAN2

NASI
Senior

Hello,

I am going to use CAN1, CAN2 and I2C1, I2C2. As the attached picture shows, the I2C2 has a conflict with CAN2.

IS there any way to fix it? I have to use both CAN modules and two I2C's.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Include your chip number in your post.

Yellow warnings can be ignored--they are letting you know of potential conflicts, not active ones. In this case, probably one of the pins for the SMBUS modes is already in use.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
NASI
Senior

Thank you,

Chip number is included.

I have to add that the I2C2 is not working at all, and I am sure the HW is correct.

TDK
Guru

Well there are pins assigned to I2C2. Whatever the issue, it doesn't appear to be caused by CubeMX configuration.

I would put a logic analyzer on I2C2, see what happens when you call HAL_I2C_IsDeviceReady functions. If no response, verify pin settings are correct in registers. If those work, you can convince yourself the problem is elsewhere.

"does not work at all" is not descriptive. Stating what result you're seeing vs what you're expected along with any debugging of hardware/software you've already done would be more informative. Include relevant sections of code, show signal traces if possible.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".