cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to erase, read and write in external Nor flash of STM32F429NI When only my NOR Pins are selected in the '.ioc' file I am able to perform the above functions, but when I integrate the code with my project which contains the ETH it fails.

PRaja.3
Associate

I am selecting the pins PD4, PD5, PD6, and PD7 in the '.ioc' file.

The .ioc when only my nor pins are selected.0693W00000FBG4LQAX.png 

The pins only when ethernet is being enabled.

0693W00000FBG4kQAH.png 

When I enable both the ethernet and the external nor flash.

0693W00000FBG54QAH.png 

I see the overlapping of pins when I enable both ethernet and the external nor flash.

Will this would be a problem for failing my functions. If so what should I do to get it done?

Thanks.

Could you please help me with this.!

@Tesla DeLorean

1 REPLY 1

Cube / .IOC files, doesn't sound like my thing at all..

Parallel NOR Flash? That's going to use a huge number of pins, people have migrated to QSPI NOR Flash

The F429 should be able to separate pin usage between peripherals (ETH, FMC), unlike the F1 which could get internally conflicted.

The F4 can only do ONE function per pin, what's going to prevail is the last one set in.

The pin choices for ETH are likely for be relatively limited, as are the Address/Data busing of the FMC.

Sounds like you have got a conflict, or expectation on the ETH side that it can use a specific pin/functionality.

Probably want to unpack the actual pin level configuration code generated, and look at the data sheet, around ALL the pins you've involved.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..