cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am attempting to migrate from STM32Cube FW_H7 V1.8.0 to STM32Cube FW_H7 V1.10.0

Danner
Associate

When I attempt to build the project on CubeMX V6.6.1 / V1.10.0 I get the following error:

[ 1%] Building C object cubemx/CMakeFiles/cubemx.dir/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP_Lib/Source/BasicMathFunctions/arm_abs_f32.c.obj

arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: /home/dan/Projects/davenport-ecu/cubemx/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP_Lib/Source/BasicMathFunctions/arm_abs_f32.c: No such file or directory 

arm-none-eabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files

compilation terminated.

make[2]: *** [cubemx/CMakeFiles/cubemx.dir/build.make:76: cubemx/CMakeFiles/cubemx.dir/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP_Lib/Source/BasicMathFunctions/arm_abs_f32.c.obj] Error 1

make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:322: cubemx/CMakeFiles/cubemx.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2

I get the same error if I try to stay with STM32CubeMX FW_H7 V1.8.0 and build with STM32CubeMX V6.6.1

If I revert back to a library built with STM32CubeMX V6.1.1 with STM32CubeMX FW_H7 V1.8.0 it builds without errors.

I have tried deleting the generated folders and the .mxproject file before I generate the new libraries without success.

I downloaded CubeMX 6.2.1 and generated the files, and it also fails to build with the exact same error.

The only work around seems to be to stay on an out of date version of the libraries, which is not acceptable. How do we migrate without issues?

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

So: does this file exist or not? /home/dan/Projects/davenport-ecu/cubemx/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP_Lib/Source/BasicMathFunctions/arm_abs_f32.c

It looks that the directory structure was changed at least since v1.9.

"DSP_Lib" was renamed to "DSP".

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/blob/master/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP/Source/BasicMathFunctions/arm_abs_f32.c

Danner
Associate

Yes, that file exists. The first missing file is arm_math.h, which is no longer included in the CubeMX output.

/home/dan/Projects/davenport-ecu/cubemx/Drivers/CMSIS/DSP_Lib/Source/BasicMathFunctions/arm_abs_f32.c:41:10: fatal error: arm_math.h: No such file or directory

41 | #include "arm_math.h"

If I manually put the file in the CubeMX directories the build goes farther than one file, but it still fails.

In /home/dan/Projects/davenport-ecu/cubemx/Drivers/CMSIS/ copy DSP_Lib subdirectory to DSP