cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help installing STM32CubeMX IDE

JLIND.1
Associate III

Hello, I want to get started using ST microcontrollers. My work computer does not have an internet connection so I need some help installing the software on this computer. I want to use the STM32CubeMX

I have downloaded the installation file onto a disk and have installed it on my computer. The problem is when I create a project I don't see any devices to choose. Is there a software package that I need to download and install?

Thank you very much,

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No need to install the patch. You just have to download the Version 1.20.0 and add it to CubeMX as mentioned on the User manual that I've shared with you. 

If you are going to use another MCU, you will need to add his Cube Package (an STM32Cubexx for each STM32xx MCU). 

If your original question is answered, please select the answer as best answer. You can always start a new post if you have any new Question.

we use this method to give each request the best visibility for our community users.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @JLIND.1 

Welcome to the ST World. When you open CubeMX, you will have 3 options:

• Start your project from MCU, so you can select an MCU and start you API configuration directly on it.
  • Start your project from a Board, so you can select one of our evaluation boards (board based on one of our MCUs so we can use it for test before conception) as a start point for your project. 
  • Start your project from an example. That give you the oportunity to start from a project made on one of our evaluation boards. Those examples maybe a good start since you are going to find applicative cases for ine or more IPs (SPI, TIMER,....)

After configuration you Will need to have some SW packages installed sobyou can generate your code and open it on an IDE such as CubeIDE. For example to be able to use an STM32WB MCU, you will need to download the STM32CubeWB available on our ST Website or on our Github ripository. 

To start with STM32CubeMX, this user manual https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um1718-stm32cubemx-for-stm32-configuration-and-initialization-c-code-generation-stmicroelectronics.pdf should be helpful. For CubeIDE, you will find help in this document https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2609-stm32cubeide-user-guide-stmicroelectronics.pdf

If you are looking for more support. You can Always ask you questions here on the community. Juste ensure that you are using our last version of CubeMX (V6.12.0) and CubeIDE (V1.16.0).

PS: CubeMX is also includid on the CubeIDE, so you can use the standalone version and generate the code to CubeIDE or any other ide. Or generate a Code using the included MX to be complited with the CubeIDE.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello, thank you very much for responding to my post. I will be using the STM32Cube IDE. I now trying to figure out which Software Package to download. I see you mentioned STM32CubeWB and if I put that in the search engine I get the page: 

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/search.html#q=STM32WB-t=products-page=1

It looks like these are device packages. I thought there would be a single library/package download. I don't see STM32CubeWB listed on that page. 

Can you help me, I'm not understanding what to download.

Joe

I found the link to download STM32CubeWB 

https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/stm32cubewb.html

Now reading the manual to see how to add it? 

Quick question do need to install the Patch for STM32CubeWB?

STM32CubeWB.png

No need to install the patch. You just have to download the Version 1.20.0 and add it to CubeMX as mentioned on the User manual that I've shared with you. 

If you are going to use another MCU, you will need to add his Cube Package (an STM32Cubexx for each STM32xx MCU). 

If your original question is answered, please select the answer as best answer. You can always start a new post if you have any new Question.

we use this method to give each request the best visibility for our community users.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32