Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FR_NO_FILESYSTEM ,FatFs,4-pins SDcard with Nucleo-L476RG

anna23
Associate II

Posted on February 22, 2017 at 09:18

Hey all,

I want to write to SD card, I'm Using cube-mxstm32Nucleo-L476RG MCU ,and 4-pin SD card,

I attach my cube project, the main program has the following code:

declaring and init :

FATFS SDFatFs;

FIL MyFile;

extern char SD_Path[4]; /* SD logical drive path */

/* USER CODE END 0 */

int main(void)

{

/* USER CODE BEGIN 1 */

FRESULT res;

uint32_t byteswriten,byteread;

uint8_t wtext[]='Hello from STM32!!\0';

/* USER CODE END 1 */

/* MCU Configuration----------------------------------------------------------*/

/* Reset of all peripherals, Initializes the Flash interface and the Systick. */

HAL_Init();

/* Configure the system clock */

SystemClock_Config();

/* Initialize all configured peripherals */

MX_GPIO_Init();

MX_DMA_Init();

MX_DFSDM1_Init();

MX_SDMMC1_SD_Init();

MX_FATFS_Init();

MX_TIM6_Init();

MX_SDMMC1_SD_Init();

I am trying to write to sd card by the following code:

if(res=f_mount(&SDFatFs,(TCHAR const*)SD_Path,0)!=FR_OK)

{

Error_Handler();

}

else

{

if(res=f_open(&MyFile,'0:/mywrite.txt',FA_CREATE_ALWAYS | FA_WRITE ) != FR_OK)

{

Error_Handler();

}

else

{

res=f_write(&MyFile,wtext,sizeof(wtext),(void*)&byteswriten);

if((byteswriten==0) || (res!=FR_OK))

{

Error_Handler();

}

else

{

HAL_GPIO_WritePin(GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_5, GPIO_PIN_SET);

}

f_close(&MyFile);

}

}

I get FR_NO_FILESYSTEM if the SD is connected and if the SD is not connected, I get FR_NOT_READY,

Thanks for any help.

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.

14 REPLIES 14
Posted on May 16, 2018 at 14:02

The stm32_adafruit_sd.c code in the HAL trees should support SDHC/XC (>= 4GB) cards via SPI. The larger cards use a slightly different command/protocol to address the blocks on the media.

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.19.0\Drivers\BSP\Adafruit_Shield\stm32_adafruit_sd.c

I've used this code on NUCLEO boards to support MicroSD cards. I don't have the shield but wired the socket using equivalent pins.

FatFS should support FAT32 volumes with usually settings, for >=64GB media you'd want to enable EXFAT support

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on May 16, 2018 at 14:22

i am using stm32f103ze controller,in my code option is their for fat32 operation,i dont know why it is not working for 8gb card,so if u have any fat technical specifications pdf or fat tutorial can u send me.

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Posted on May 16, 2018 at 15:18

It's not working because the SPI-SD code you are using only supports SD cards, the SDHC and SDXC cards use a slightly different protocol, and are not compatible with code that only uses the old protocol.

The SPI code I have cited supports BOTH class of cards, you'll need to use that as the basis for your own solution.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on May 17, 2018 at 07:10

thanks clive,i need a site for entire project for accesing sd card using spi + fat32 for stm32103zc controller.if u have that info plz share it.

Posted on May 21, 2018 at 13:32

Hi Clive One,

I AM WRITING DATA TO WORD DOCUMENT AND EXCEL DOCUMENT USING SD+SPI+FAT DRIVER,BUT IN EXCEL DOCUMENT ,ALL THE DATA(40KB) IS GETTING STORED IN FIRST BLOCK ONLY,HOW TO CHANGE THE BLOCK TO STORE DATA BY INCREMENT ROW AND COLUMN.

THANK YOU