cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX feature request: please add recent projects to the welcome screen

martonmiklos
Senior
Posted on May 17, 2017 at 08:36

Title says all. There are a plenty of blank space on the welcome screen which could be utilized better:

0690X00000609LDQAY.png

It would be nice if th recent N projects would be listed there, so it would spare a few context menu opening every time.

Like it is done in the QtCreator:

0690X00000609LEQAY.png

Adding ability to restore the last session would be awesome.

#cubemx #feature-request
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on January 17, 2018 at 14:07

Hi again,

Your point is in the pipe and this new feature will be available in a next CubeMX release.

However, I can't give you any delivery date but it will be available in a next release for sure.

BR. Jeanne

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Nesrine M_O
Lead II
Posted on May 17, 2017 at 10:44

Hi

Marton.Miklos

Thanks for the suggestion! I will forward this to our MX team.

-Nesrine-

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on January 16, 2018 at 17:03

Hi

Marton.Miklos

For my understanding, I guess you know that you have it in File/recent projects and yousuggest us to haveit directly on the welcome screen, is it right?

BR. Jeanne

Posted on January 17, 2018 at 08:47

Hi @Jeanne Joly_O,

Yes of course I am aware of this feature, but having the recent files on the welcome screen would spare some time for the users and would increase the overall user experience. Many modern development environments (Visual Studio, Atmel Studio, MPLAB X, Texas CCS, QtCreator, etc.) has this feature so I think a lot of users would benefit from it. And at the another hand I think it would not be hard to implement.

Br,

Miklos

Jeanne Joly
Senior III
Posted on January 17, 2018 at 14:07

Hi again,

Your point is in the pipe and this new feature will be available in a next CubeMX release.

However, I can't give you any delivery date but it will be available in a next release for sure.

BR. Jeanne

Posted on January 17, 2018 at 15:36

Hello again,

Thank you very much for your help!

It is great to hear that it is going be in the next release!