cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX Error: "NOT A VALID IOC"

RPari.3
Associate II

0693W00000Bam6NQAR.pngHi,

I have installed STM32CubeMX on my laptop.The installation was successful.But when I try to create a project it says "Not a Valid ioc". I have tried the following steps but still the result was same:

1) I forced uninstalled the software STMCubeMX.

2) Uninstalled java and checked for correct version.

3) Reinstalled the software.

I have attached the error screenshot Kindly, find the attachment and help me with the error.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @RPari.3​ ,

Let le first welcome you to the STM32 Community 😊

Thanks for your feedback. Actually it is a bitt odd that you're encountering such issue.

Could you please precise which version of STM32CubeMX are you using ?

Note that starting with the version 6.2.0, STM32CubeMX embeds the Java Runtime Environment required for its execution and no longer uses the one installed on the machine.

Furthermore, you'll find detailed steps to correctly install the latest STM32CubeMX version in the linked Reference Manual.

Hope this helps you resolve the issue.

Khouloud.

RPari.3
Associate II

Hi Khouloud OTHMAN,

Thanks for the prompt reply!!

I tried to install STM32CubeMX 6-0-1 and installed java_64_8_45 as suggested by the software itself. I also tried to install a higher version of software STM32CubeMX 6.2.1 but getting the same error with no java installed.

I tried to uninstall the software many times and install it correctly. I have used the software earlier on different machine and it worked perfectly fine for me with same installation process. The machine configuration are almost same as earlier. FYI I am using Windows 10 pro 64 bit OS.

Please let me know if any further information needed.

Thanks

Hi @RPari.3​,

Thanks for the detailed explanation and for having reported. It's strange that you're getting such issue, it may be related to your machine since you're not able to reproduce it on another machine. From my side, I have no problem with installing the tool on a machine with the same configuration as yours.

In this case please retry to uninstall all the STM32CubeMX and JAVA versions in your machine (check "Force the deletion" box) and verify that CubeMX is completely deleted:

0693W000006Evf8QAC.pngAlso, delete .stm32cubemx folder (as well as .stm32cubeide and .stmcufinder if they exists) and try again the installation.

If the problem still not resolved, please attach the STM32CubeMX.log file that you'll find under [C:\<User_path>\.stm32cubemx], it may reveal something about the root cause of this misbehavior.

Khouloud.

RPari.3
Associate II

Hi Khouloud OTHMAN,

Thanks for the prompt reply!!!

i have uninstalled and again installed the software as suggested by you but still the same problem exist.

Enclosed the log file.Please do find it.

Thanks

Hi @RPari.3​,

Thanks for those inputs.

Unfortunately the .log doesn't reveal a big thing except a java exception when trying to load the project. This exception can be due to an invalid configuration in the project you're loading.

Could you please attach your .ioc file to check it from my side.

Thanks in advance,

Khouloud.

RPari.3
Associate II

Hi Khouloud OTHMAN,

Please find the .ioc file of the project.

Thanks & Regards

Rakshita

Hi @RPari.3​ ,

Actually, I've been able to successfully open the attached project, no error message was displayed:

0693W00000Bawt5QAB.png 

In fact, the "Not a Valid ioc" error can be displayed in case of an empty Mcu.Name or File.Version in the .ioc file.

Otherwise, I tried to start a new project based on STM32F407G-DISC1 board (with initializing all peripherals to their default mode) to mimic your attached project. You'll find attached below the .ioc, please try with it.

Hope this resolve your issue.

Khouloud.