cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cubeMx End of life and open source

JulienD
Senior

Hello,

As far as I understood, stm32cubeMx will be end of life within some days / months / years.

Can you provide timeline for it?

And will it be released as open source project at this moment?

Thanks

Julien

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Where did you get that rumor from?

TDK
Guru

[citation needed]

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

It's not a rumour, it's what I understood from this screenshot that obviously I read it the wrong way... :D

0693W00000HqPGzQAN.png 

also, I was not dealing with cubeMX for cubeIDE but only standalone version.

The thing is, I'm using TrueStudio. Compilation involves several scripts and tools and switching to cubeIDE will not a one hour job.

The other thing is that I'm not really pleased with my cubeIDE experience for now :

It blinks all day long when there's a ioc editor tab opened ( https://youtu.be/85PjnagFTBE (as far as I remember, it's worse when switching with debug perspective ) and it drives me crazy...

Also, with ubuntu, there are focus issues :I have keayboard shortcuts for "stop debug", "launch debug", "one step" and I can't do this

three operation in a row. I need to use mouse to refocus IDE between each shortcut press.

So, I understand that cubeMx stand alone is not end of life. Only support of trueStudio.

Open sourcing is still a question to me.

The message says support for your IDE (TrueSTUDIO) will be discontinued. It makes no mention of CubeMX being deprecated. The message is quite clear.

This makes sense as TrueSTUDIO has been NRND status for quite some time.

I don't see any indication that CubeMX will be open sourced.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @JulienD (Community Member)​ ,

Thanks for your feedback,

Please check my answer in this thread https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001I83ZUSAZ/cubemx-64-dialog-box-breaks-command-line-build

If you issue is solved, please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly ��

Sara.

Hello there,

I can confirm the refocus issue on Ubuntu.

I tested the following sequence of keyboard shortcuts:

F11 (Launch debug)

F6 (Single step)

Ctrl + F2 (Terminate debug)

As you mentioned. It's not possible to hit F11 directly without refocus. A workaround could be to skip the Ctrl+F2 and trigger a new debug launch directly with F11. It will automatically terminate the session before launching a new one.