cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile error - missing tl_dbg_conf.h after using CubeMX

MDaub.1
Associate III

I am a new user of STM32CubeIDE using a NUCLEO-STM32WB-Nucleo board. I want to build an empty project using enabled BLE components using the STM32-WPAN pack version 1.9.0.

After selectint RTC, HSEM and RF1 in addition to the default settings plus enabling the WPAN middleware (all default) it autocreates the code files. When I build the project I can reproducibly get the following error:

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/shci/shci.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DDEBUG -DSTM32WB55xx -c -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32WBxx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32WBxx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32WBxx/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../STM32_WPAN/App -I../Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm -I../tiny_lpm -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/tl -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/shci -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/utilities -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/core -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/core/auto -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/core/template -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Inc -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src -I../Utilities/sequencer -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/shci/shci.d" -MT"Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/shci/shci.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/shci/shci.o"

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src/dis.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DDEBUG -DSTM32WB55xx -c -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32WBxx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32WBxx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32WBxx/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../STM32_WPAN/App -I../Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm -I../tiny_lpm -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/tl -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/shci -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/utilities -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/core -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/core/auto -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/core/template -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Inc -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src -I../Utilities/sequencer -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src/dis.d" -MT"Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src/dis.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src/dis.o"

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src/hts.c" -mcpu=cortex-m4 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DDEBUG -DSTM32WB55xx -c -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32WBxx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32WBxx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32WBxx/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../STM32_WPAN/App -I../Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm -I../tiny_lpm -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/tl -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/shci -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/utilities -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/core -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/core/auto -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/core/template -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Inc -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src -I../Utilities/sequencer -I../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -MMD -MP -MF"Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src/hts.d" -MT"Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src/hts.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/ble/svc/Src/hts.o"

../Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/tl/tl_mbox.c:28:10: fatal error: tl_dbg_conf.h: No such file or directory

#include "tl_dbg_conf.h"

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

make: *** [Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/tl/subdir.mk:38: Middlewares/ST/STM32_WPAN/interface/patterns/ble_thread/tl/tl_mbox.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

"make -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

The file seems to be present in this directory

<USER_HOME>\STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.9.0\Middlewares\ST\STM32_WPAN\interface\patterns\ble_thread\tl

and it seems that path is in the INCLUDE paths of my project...?

0693W000005ATqGQAW.png0693W000005ATtKQAW.pngWhich is the very same directory where tl_mbox.c fails to compile.

Why isn't the .h file found?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dear @Community member​ ,

You are right. the copy all used ... is not supported for cube IDE.

Your issue is now fixed (with copy only ... option) and the fix will be available in the next cubeIDE/MX release.

Thanks your raising this issue, we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Houssem

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Houssem CHAABANI
Senior II

Dear @Community member​ 

Thank you for your feedback.

Could you share your IOC file ?

Best regards

Houssem

MDaub.1
Associate III

I was able to manually fixing the problem by adding the very same include path once again but this time as a fully qualified path starting with C:\Users\...

I noticed that the bottom of the include path dialog (see above) mentions "Using relative paths is ambiguous and not recommended..." - which seemed to have cause the problem here. Yet all the other include paths apparently work as expected. So I'd still like to understand what the root cause is here, because using path relative to my workspace should work, right? Am I missing a system environment variable maybe?

Dear @Houssem CHAABANI​ ,

yes ofc! I just generated a brand new project:

New STM Project -> Initialize all peripherals with default? -> Yes

System Core -> HSEM -> Activated

Timers -> RTC -> Activate Clock Source

Connectivity -> RF -> Activate RF1

Middleware -> STM32_WPAN -> BLE

Save -> Do you want to generate code? -> Yes

Same error.

IOC File attached.

Dear @Community member​ 

Thank you for sharing

Please select copy all used libraries into the project folder under project manager .

This will resolve your issue.

Thank you !

Houssem

Dear Houssem,

you mean that one here?

0693W000005AWDgQAO.pngIt seems I cannot select it? This dialog appeared right after the "New-> New STM32 Project"

Dear @Community member​ ,

You are right. the copy all used ... is not supported for cube IDE.

Your issue is now fixed (with copy only ... option) and the fix will be available in the next cubeIDE/MX release.

Thanks your raising this issue, we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards,

Houssem