cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install CubeMX 6.0.0 on a fresh system with latest Java.

PG.1
Associate III

Hello!

Before I forget:

I'm using Windows 10. Fresh machine.

I have downloaded the latest CubeMX. When I wanted to install it, it asked me for Java, so I installed the latest Java. Now it says:

The application requires a Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_45 (64 bit). But the only one I could find is the one which is downloadable now, which is newer than _045. Actually the version is 1.8.0_261. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Pascal

3 REPLIES 3
MarieMaurer
Associate III

Perhaps search for "jre-8u251-windows-x64.exe". But pay attention on the licensing terms of Oracle.

PG.1
Associate III

Hello!

Thanks for your reply!

In the meantime, I did it to be sure that a x64 version is installed. For those who may get the same problem,

I downloaded the offline version, x64, and again, I'm working with Windows.

> But pay attention on the licensing terms of Oracle.

What do you mean? Are the terms different to the version which is downloaded automatically? I have absolutely

no knowledge about legal matters, I just assume that java realtime environment is free.

Now this solved my problem concerning (re)installation of CubeMX, but not the ground problem.

Here it is:

• I was using Cube MX, the new release 6.0.0. And I could generate some code for IAR's EWARM, free version.
  • For some reason, it stopped working. When I generate code, it gets stuck in "copying libraries".
  • I checked on the net, and found a page explainaing it might be due to Java version, so I decided to upgrade,

but after that nothing worked.

• I tried to install on a spare PC I have, which is also Windows 10. But at this point, it does exactly the

same, stuck in code generation's "copying libraries". The good news is that I could fix my main PC's Cube install

problem, but that's about it, Cube doesn't work yet.

Any hint?

Thnaks,

Pascal

BEvan.11
Associate

The magic sauce here is to install 64 bit java, It appears the default (e.g. Minecraft) is 32 bit.

https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp