cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC Injected Conversion

vbk22398
Associate III

I am trying to use the Pin ADC1_EXT11(PC11) and ADC1_EXT15(PA15) as ADC input sampling pins. But in the setting given in Cube IDE, if i enable injected conversion, additionally 2 pins are automatically getting configured for some reason. I don't know why? Is it that the, pins PA15 and PC11 are interrupt pins and whenever interrupt is triggered in those pins, ADC samples from pins PA6 and PB0.?  

Screenshot 2024-10-15 110058.png

and what is the difference in the below highlighted options
Screenshot 2024-10-15 122703.png

1 REPLY 1
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @vbk22398, you're right!

PA15 and PC11 are configured as external interrupt pins (EXTI) for ADC external triggers.

PA6 and PB0 are configured as analog input pins for the ADC.

When you enable injected conversion, the ADC can be triggered by external events (such as interrupts on EXTI lines), so the external interrupt on PA15 and PC11 can trigger the ADC to sample from the configured analog input pins, which in this case are PA6 and PB0.

That's why you see PA6 and PB0 being configured as analog input pins when you enable injected conversion. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.